Re: towing and information overload?

From: andylevy@yahoo.com
Date: Sat Jul 05 2003 - 11:05:11 EDT

In article <be4ppu$efo$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, 2punch.crash2000@AHM.com
("Punch") writes:

> can a 4x4 quad cab tow more then a 2wd?

They're within 200 pounds I think. The Dodge towing guide is at
http://www.dodge.com/towing/D/home.html?tsrc=dakota&tgrp=promo1&tname=dodge_tow
ing_guide (since I don't have my sales brochure handy).

> is the tow rating different between sport, and other versions?

Shouldn't be, aside from the R/T.

> what would my future boat weigh? ( 19-25ft sport type leisure craft, with
> trailer etc...)

If you have a rough idea what you're getting, the boat manufacturer's site
should have specs. Don't forget to add in the weight of your fuel (truck and
boat), people, food, luggage, etc. Many people don't figure this in and then
are well over their tow rating. Bad news.

> my friends say 2wd will slip on the boat launch.

I can see that, but I have no experience with boats.