Re: Down the road for the 4.7L?

From: andylevy@yahoo.com
Date: Sat Jul 05 2003 - 11:37:32 EDT

In article <BB2BB041.51B6%y2kota@mallettservices.com>,
y2kota@mallettservices.com (Donald) writes:

> What plans does DC have for keeping the 4.7L down the road?

With the cost of engine development programs, I would expect this engine to be
around for a long time since it's only been with us for 5 years so far. Expect
updates, tweaks, etc. over time but the base engine should be around for a
while - unless emissions, CAFE and the gov't get to be a real headache.

Remember the Jeep 3.7L is based on the design as well, so they do seem to have
plans for this engine family. I don't expect it to last as long as the
previous engines (318/360) did though