Re: Help! Dead Dakota

From: Ron (menoldre@adelphia.net)
Date: Sun Jul 06 2003 - 12:56:49 EDT

Okay, today's saga. I bought a voltmeter and checked the voltage at the new
solder/splice and it read battery voltage, so it was a good solder joint.
I then put the two leads into the connector that feeds the ignition coil.
It read zero. I turned the ignition on it still read zero. I had my wife
crank the engine and it still read zero.

Question, is the voltage to the ignition coil a constant voltage or is it
intermitent as fed by the PCM. If intermitent, or instantanious, would a
voltmeter set on DC volts read the voltage?

Also, can you take the ignition coil and hold the top (where the spark plug
wire goes) close to ground/engine block and expect to see a spark when
cranking? I haven't done this yet, but it seems like you should be able to
do this.

Thanks,
-Ron M
95 CC V6 Sport