Re: Re: how to re-synch distributor?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 16:17:06 EDT

At 02:02 PM 7/7/03 -0400, you wrote:
>I wonder if that might be part of my problem too, since I did the cap &
>rotor when I did the M1/TB/rockers. I didn't know there was a certain way
>to put it on, thought the computer handled all the timing. -Dave

It's a good bet, Dave. I've got a scanner that can adjust the synch but
my s/w is only good up to and including 98. The scanner automatically
brings idle up to 1000 rpm, gives a reading (usually fluctuates between
a low and high), and holds the rpm there while the distributor is turned.
It doesn't need much of turning for the values to change.

There is another way but I've read that it is not that accurate. I thought
that I had this procedure somewhere but haven't found it so far.

Bob