Re: RE: RE: Sport truck article

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@datastar.net)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 23:18:23 EDT

Bob Mankin wrote:

>Where ya been, Bernd. Code was released last year. What do you think
>Superchips is using to develop their new Dodge tuner?
>
>Nothing wrong with speed density either. The popular FAST and Accel stand
>alone systems do just fine and both are speed density based for the Dodge.

When you say released last year - where? who? how? Anything? I don't
think that ALL the code was ever released - and this goes for GM, Ford,
Dodge, fill-in-the-blank-here. In most cases - it is reverse
engineered. So maybe Dodge does more to protect its intellectual
property... Some manufacturers use ONLY custom ASIC's which make even
reverse engineering almost impossible.

Shane