19 Anual Mopar Day, Grand Bend Motorplex, Truck Eliminator Class Winner

From: JAMES KNOX (knox.james@Sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 02:19:19 EDT

On Sunday July 6, Bob Tom and myself had a fun day at WOMO 19th Annual
Mopar Days, Grand Bend Ontario Canada.

Bob ran in Sportsman Class (street class) 14.00 & UP

I (Jim Knox) ran Truck Eliminator Class ANY DIAL

Weather conditions: Absolute barometric was 28.4, Temps 79 to 84 F,
humidity 53 to 48%, winds lite every direction, sunny no clouds.

The Dakotas that I ran against were all RT,s. My truck is a 91 Dakota Sport
Package 4x4, 318 premag originally purchased for Moose Hunting, but this
truck has made the drag strips its home.

I ran against 3 RT's with interesting times.

Purple coloured super charged Dakota RT running both street and truck class?
In time trial he ran 1/4 mi 12.818@104.60 reaction time .412 red lite.

Yellow coloured Dakota RT with clear tail lites:
             Dial ... 15.42
              R/T .... .925
              60' ..... 2.931
               330 7.485
               1/8 ..... 11.093
                MPH ... 67.88
                990 ... 14.207
                 1/4 ... 16.825
                MPH 86.03

Yellow coloured Dakota RT with Texas Lic Plate. last years winner returned.
                Dial 15.75
                 R/T .784
                 60' 2.264
                 330 6.494
                  1/8 10.013
                  MPH 69.43
                 990 13.073
                 1/4 15.662
                  MPH 86.77
 My truck seemed to have a mind of it's own on the drag strip and with
reasonable reaction times we were lucky enough to bring home the Wharncliffe
Chrysler Truck Eliminator Class Winner Trophy and Prize Money.

Bob Tom and Myself proudly display the DML Logo on our DAK'S.

Jim Knox. 91 Dakota Sport Package 4x4, 318 premag, colour Colorado red,
burning out Ray Blocks old tires!