Hell-Fire! I bought a V-8

From: Joe Lenceski (hyperbole47@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 18:51:08 EDT

I just bought a 5.2L engine( not a Magnum) on Ebay for $39 and it runs! I
plan on rebuiding the engine and swapping it with the 3.9L I currently have
in my 1987 Dakota w/ 5spd manual transmission. I have some questions: 1. Is
the stock transmission that came with the truck going to bolt right up to my
new engine. 2. If the tranny does bolt right up, will it handle the extra
torque and horsepower, or will this result in catastrophic failure of the
drivetrain/engine? 3. There is some kind of rigid, polycarbonate box with no
fewer than 16 wires protruding from it on the passenger side of said
vehicle. Intuition tells me this is some kind of early generation computer.
Can I just do away with this? 4. Wiring harness, can I use the same or
modify it to be effective on new engine? 5. Motor mounts, will the same ones
in current position work or do they need to be repositioned, or new motor
mounts completely? There will be many more questions ahead. These are all I
can think of at the moment. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.