new F-150 / Lightning

From: Jim Miller WB5OXQ (wb5oxq@grandecom.net)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 22:27:44 EDT

I just read in a new Car and Driver that the new F 150 will be heavier and
larger than before but to offset that the new 5.4 ltr V8 will have dual
intake valves and make 300 hp and 365 ft lbs. A little shy of our Hemis.
However when the Lightning version comes out it will be rated 500 hp, 500 ft
lbs same as the SRT-10 Ram. I don't know how that will pan out on the
track but the 5.4 will be pushed pretty hard for its size and the Viper V10
should have lots of room to build on.