Re: Re: superchips programmer

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 04:14:57 EDT

On Wednesday, Jul 2, 2003, at 19:21 America/New_York, Chad Evans wrote:

> uh why not just buy the mopar pcm ?
> its takes about the same time to swap out computers as it does to pluf
> in
> the superchips!!!

with this, I can theoretically swap programs between stock, improved 87
octane performance and either towing or performance settings for 91+
octane. I also get a code reader out of the deal that should work with
any ODB II mopar vehicle, as well as being able to correct for
non-stock tire sizes. The tire size may not work on mine, though,
since it's iffy on early '98s.

and for what it's worth, with regard to my stock programming being in
the programmer when I sent it back, the only way to tell if one of
these things doesn't work is to try it. it will save stock programming
in preparation for flashing the computer, and then it will either flash
it or say "I don't work [again], call superchips". there's no way to
not supply them with the stock programming once an attempt has been
made to flash the truck.

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
Apple Campus Rep  -  ClassTech Consultant  -  Printer Tech