Re: Temp gauge Q

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 09:47:40 EDT

"Donald" <y2kota@mallettservices.com> wrote in message
news:BB320A00.5472%y2kota@mallettservices.com...

> I found with the stock temp gauge is good for just reference. With the
> digital temp gauge the engine coolant temp will rise and fall from 185 to
> 235+ and the stock gauge will barley move. This temp ranges is normal with
> around town driving. Get on the hi-way, put on the cruise and you can
watch
> the temp fall to the lower ranges.
They do this as to not worry the average driver. If you didn't know and you
saw your temp guage bobbing all over the place, wouldn't you be worried that
it was bad? The one in my dad's BMW doesn't move - ever. It's always
pointing right in the middle, yet when we hooked up an aftermarket temp
guage it shows considerable fluctuation.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L