Code P0138

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Sat Jul 12 2003 - 12:05:26 EDT

Hey Guys,

    For a couple of weeks now, my Dakota keeps putting out Code P0138 - O2
Sensor Circuit High Voltage - Bank 1 Sensor 2

I know this probably means the O2 sensor is bad, but might it also be caused
by running lean or rich?

Reason I ask is I know I've already had 1 replaced, but I think I had both
replaced probably about 30k miles ago (Code kept tripping). It's really
weird because it will keep tripping for about a month or so, then it'll
finally go away for about 6 months, then it starts back up again. It last
did this in November for about 3 or 4 weeks, then went away. Now it's
showing up again. Also, it also seems more prone to do it if I go WOT with
the A/C and truck is a bit warm, probably around 210 - yes, that's with a
180 t-stat as well (that's when it first came on). Thanks for any insight.
Also, as far as I know, my Dakota has aways had a secondary code of
Primary/Secondary Coil Calculation misfire. Coil was replaced with the one
in the Accel ignition system, and I still get it. Doesn't cause any
problems as far as I know, just wondering. It doesn't trip the MIL.

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L
MODS: Quick-D intake, M-1 Intake Manifold, 50mm F&B TB, Gibson Catback,
Carsound Cat, PP Headers, Autolite 3923s, 180 T-stat, 1.7 Crower Rockers,
JBA 9mm wires, Accel Ignition System