OT.. possessed Oldsmobile

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 03:31:29 EDT

Sorry to bother here; But I've been helping at my brother-in- laws garage
the last couple of months; and we've got in an Olds Achieva with the 2.3
Quad 4 motor. We've hooked it up for diagnostics, which have said nothing
is wrong. It behaves like either TPS or fuel starvation. WHEN it starts..
you can usually take it to the rev limiter if you do it gradually.. but if
you just hit the throttle.. it dies and fights restarting. It has a new
module and coil packs on the shell. New fuel filter & pump. Despite the
diagnostics saying things were OK, I stil tested TPS with a VO meter and
without having standards to go by, resistance does follow with position.
Doesn't seem like bad converter, when it runs, it sounds like a straight
pipe( muffler has blown out seam).
Anyone with ideas on what to try, or have you encountered this before.
On a better note.. at least it's not my Dak with the demons possessing it.
Aaron Wyse
94 RC WS 2.5L 5spd
84 RamCharger 4X4 5.9L
86 Shelby Charger Turbo