Re: VIN report and Carfax

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 07:29:30 EDT

At 03:35 PM 7/14/03 -0400, you wrote:
>Any help on this will be greatly appreciated!
>2000 Dodge Grand Carvan 15k miles
>VIN: 1G4GJ44G8YB707843
>Craig Rash

Sorry, no VIN report nor carfax but just an overall summary
of my 96 Grand Caravan ES, 3.8L.

Front rotor and pads needed to be replaced just after 20k. mi.
    Deep groove worn in rotor.
    Replacements from Midas still in good shape (around 100k mi. now).
Original Michelin 4X tire set replaced last summer. I use Blizzaks
    in the winter months.
A/C condenser needed replacement twice since 96 (after normal
    warrantee period expired ... an expensive repair).
No problems with 3.8L (running synthetic)
No tranny problem. 1st 5 or 6 years were mainly on the highway.
FM reception on the Infinity radio just started to get off/on reception.
Faulty electrical connection on pass. slider door prevented remote
    lock/unlock from working ... replaced under warrantee.
Passes emission tests with ease.

If diyer,
   oil & oil filter change can be easily done with front pass. tire on curb.
   replacing belt is difficult but not with an inexpensive tensioner bar
   better to leave plug changes to a garage ... rear plugs cannot easily
reached.

All in all, mine has served me/family well over the years. Toss up on getting
an extended warrantee. A/C problems alone would not have make it worthwhile.
If tranny repairs/replacement had occurred as well, then ext. warr. would have
been worthwhile insurance.

HTH.

Bob