RE: Re: toyota s-runner threat to r/t

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (BigGabe@fiufiji.com)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 11:38:20 EDT

i saw a report about a year ago on car & driver (might have been their truck
magazine) which compared the three "super-trucks" (before word of the SRT-10
or Silverado SS had been released). the lightning came out as the fastest,
the Toyo came out second, and the R/T was third.

the main complaint about the R/T was an "underpowered" engine. however,
they gave it high marks for ride, cornering, and comfort (highest overall
for those if i remember correctly). the Toyo, they gave good marks, but
kept harping on about how it didn't come with, or had an option for a
limited slip... that's right, unless they rebuild the rear-end, it's a
peg-leg. that, and it is an entry-level toyota... so the interior is going
to be all plastic and flimsy.

Gabe Couriel