Re: RE: Re: toyota s-runner threat to r/t

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 18:31:14 EDT

Ken Allgood wrote:

> True, that is pretty spunky for a V6 truck, seeing a V6 Dakota with ONLY a supercharger would be hard-pressed to get into the 15's (well, better then a high 15 anyway), but the Dakota is also a beefer truck then the toy. Most superchaged V6 Dakotas put out what, 220-230 HP, if that? What size engine is in that toy?

Well, otherwise stock supercharged v6 Daks probably make about as much
at the crank as a 318 Dak - and the worlds of torque that come with it.
  Considering the Toy undoubtedly comes with a new computer that
actually understands boost, there are likely no tuning issues
whatsoever. Plus, the DOHC engine in the Toy will breathe like an
olympic runner compared to our OHV engines, also much better for forced
induction.

As for a v6 only in the 15's, well... hooray for Gen II's! ;P