Re: Help w/ aftermarket stereo install!!

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 09:59:42 EDT

""Brian Tong"" <thedude807@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:BAY2-F135cdfoqpP27Y00013eae@hotmail.com...

> Here's the other thing that's got me. What do the "PARK" and "ANT" wires
do?
> I'm looking at the chrysler head unit and there is two little diagrams
on
> it listing the wires coming out of it. It reads:
>
> there is no wire coming out of the (mute) slot because I don't have a mute
> button. I know what all the other things are, but what is "park" and
"ant".
> I assume "ant" means antenna, but it has a regular style antenna
> connection in the back, so I don't get it.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Brian

Wow, sounds like you got a bad head unit. If I recall correctly the only
wires that I didn't use were the dimmer/illumination and mute ones. I don't
have a mute button anywhere in the truck (I think this is only for the
steering wheel mounted controls) and my had unit doesn't dim. As far as the
park and ant wires go: Odds are the "Ant" wire would be used to make a
power antenna function. My head unit had a seperate wire for the power
antenna actuation as well as a remote lead. That would explain one extra
wire... The "park" lead is something that I've never had to deal with
before, but neither of these *should* effect the way that your head unit
will perform. Where did you get this unit? If you got it at one of the
major chain stores like CC or BB, I hope you got their warranty. If so,
they'll probably give you another one after they verify it to be defective.
Good Luck!

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L