Re: ? about sitting truck

From: Dave Downing (ded74@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 15:25:26 EDT

> Anyone have any suggestions on what i should do before putting my truck
back
> on the road.Its been sitting for 2 yrs and i would hate to just start it
up
> and mess something up if there was some kind of to do list before hand.Its
a 95
> v6 with 109k on it.The oil was changed just before being parked with mobil
1
> synthetic.Thanks for any info.
>
> Chris

Wow, sitting for TWO years? First things I can think of, change the oil,
check the plugs/cap/rotor/wires (change if needed), check the battery. Did
you put any stabilizer in the gas (does it even last that long?)? If not
then you've probably got water in tank, might want to siphon that out and
get some fresh gas in there. Check the tires for flat spots/inflation/dry
rot. That's about all I can think of. The longest I've stored a vehicle is
six months and didn't have any problems, but that was with the battery
disconnected, fresh oil, stabilizer in the gas, tires taken off and stacked.

-Dave
'02 FR RC R/T