RE: Re: head unit is fine, no continuity in wires

From: Craig Rash (2kdaksport@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 18:39:15 EDT

Brian wrote:

How did you get the wires into the doors? Any shortcuts? It's starting
look like I'll be running wire. I just don't get it, what could I
possibly
have disconnected/cut/screwed up?

Sheesh. I'm just glad this is my own vehicle and not a customer.

You may have already tried this... But to test the continuity to the
speakers you can take a battery to 'em. Connect one line to the
positive and the other to the negative and you should hear a crackle in
the speaker... If you don't maybe try the other wires till you do! I've
done this before when I couldn't figure out which wire went to which
speaker.
However, for the Dak I used the connector....very easy and already color
coded!!!

Craig Rash
2000 Dakota Sport
ClubCab