Re: Cab Mounts

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Sat Jul 19 2003 - 00:53:20 EDT

Tom Byrne wrote:

> OK got a shop near me to get the bolts off and washers crumbled and bolts
> are in bad shape. No one but Chrysler has the proper parts but they sell it
> as a set with the bushings. Do I have to send my bushings back to Summit and
> buy Mopar or is there another way?

Well, you could try to find a half-decent (ie. non crumbling) set at an
auto wrecker. Anything up to '96 will work, obviously. Are the mopar
cab mounts poly? Or is it just another set of rubber isolators, which I
wouldn't doubt.

If you're ok with rubber (which you shouldn't be) ;) then you could just
get the mopar ones and be done with it. I would make some calls to some
wrecking yards, and see if you can find some bits to poach.