Re: RE: MSD Digital-7 Ignition Unit

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 17:11:20 EDT

thanks ray. i will keep the money in my pocket for now. ;-)

-dan k.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:12:45 -0400
From: "RayB" <bpracing@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: DML: RE: MSD Digital-7 Ignition Unit

Well Dan, I guess it depends on what's important to you. I've used a
complete Jacobs ignition system and the Accel 300 ignition system. Each
died after a couple years. The only difference over stock I noticed with
either system was better throttle response while the engine was cold.
After it warmed up there was no difference. No improvement in track ET's
or speed. That's why I'm not using any aftermarket ignition system now.
I've also used the aftermarket coils separately and found no improvement
over stock. The factory system is plenty adequate to get my Dak into the
13.70's at almost 102 mph and that's with shifts at 6000 rpm. Your money
would be better spent on something else that really helps.

BTW, I'm also using a stone stock throttle body. Track times showed no
improvement with ported stock or F&B 50mm. Save more money! :-)

RayB

=====
Dan K.
'92 Grey Dak CC, 318, 4x2, 46RH, 3.92 rear, 235/75R15, PS, PW, PB, PL, Cruise,
AC, & 110,000mi. mods: cool air induction, K&N filter, Autolite 3924s

future: M-1, Mopar PCM, 180* stat, Trans-Go shift kit, 3" Gibson swept, underdrive pulleys, re-locating IAT sensor, and WC drop kit front and rear