Re: Durango Ball Joint complaint

From: Ned Buckmaster (Ned@Buckmaster.com)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 18:53:27 EDT

> how many Gen-III owners (2001 and older, 2002s and 2003s haven't been
> around long enough to fail yet) have *not* had to replace some number
> of balljoints? I replaced the uppers on my '99 (well, dealer did).

Originals at 44K on 2WD 2K dak - but I have front end vibration at speed
that I can't track down. It's not the wheels/tires, and not the rotors. What
options are there out there, other than OEM, to use on a 2K? Any bolt in
replacements?

Also, has anyone noticed that the steering rack bushings seem loose? While I
had the truck jacked up and was shaking things to see if the ball joints
were bad, the passenger side of the steering rack seemed like it moved in
the bushing more than it should - the bolts were nice and tight...

Ned Buckmaster