Power window drive sleeves

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 22:54:05 EDT

Does anyone know of a source for the nylon sleeves that hold the pins in the lower rail of
the side windows on Daks or Durango's which have the power window option? The reason I'm
asking this is because 3 of the 4 in my truck, 2 on drivers side and one on passenger
side, have broke. On the drivers side, this means the drive pins fall out of the rail if I
try to lower the window which leaves me in the position of not being able to raise the
window and lock the truck without pulling the door panel and reinstalling the pins in the
rail. It's not a difficult job, but a PITA just the same and it also means I cannot lower
the window. I went to the dealership today and found the sleeves are not available unless
you order the entire regulator assm. which is $177.00 per door. No thanks! I'm about ready
to have a set machined locally no matter the price, which would probably be about $50.00,
but want to know if there is another source already available. BTW, while I was at the
dealership I found out that another local Dak owner was in shortly before me looking for
the same part. Sounds like another crappy design flaw to me.

TIA,

John
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html