Re: Durango Ball Joint complaint

From: Tubamirbls@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 11:36:48 EDT

I had one upper replaced @ 46k under Chrysler extended warranty due to a
failed seal and now @ 48k I see that there are leaks in the other 3 plus one of
the 2 tierod ends, so I'll be having all the rest done.
I continue to feel that the vendor supplying these components fails to pack
sufficient grease into the cavity hence the premature wear of the ball and
joint resulting in steering/suspension problems. One wonders when somebody @
Chrysler is going to look at their computer data on how frequently these parts are
failing before they do something definitive about it. What they probably
will never do is return to a zerk fitting at each joint which I think is exactly
what we need.

Paul Sahlin