Re: Ouch...this is gonna hurt (sales/quality)

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 15:39:33 EDT

Never heard of that before...

I've changed my oil with Mobil 1 10w30 and a Mobil 1 filter every 2500 miles
since the day i got it. (brand new) I even changed the oil at 500 and 1000
miles to get all of the initial break in junk out in a hurry. When I pulled
my valve covers to check out what was under there and make sure my rockers
were adjusted correctly (i was getting a slight tick noise) everything was
nice and clean everywhere. No sludge at all and my oil pressure is rock
solid at 50k miles - and those were a HARD 50k miles...

I do agree with Gary though, how hard is it to keep your receipts? I've got
every receipt for every purchase that I've ever made for this truck as well
as all of the paperwork for the mustang that I sold 3 years ago. I just
keep it in a hanging file folder in chronological order. It's easy if you
start off doing it.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Bernd D. Ratsch"" <bernd@texas.net> wrote in message news:000001c3556c$1680baf0$020aa8c0@system... > > > http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/dodge_dur_oil.html > > And to think...it's the same engine in the Dakota, Ram, and Jeep as > well. Seen several engines replaced at the dealership as well - it's > not that uncommon. > > - Bernd >