Re: Front End Popping

From: Brian Tong (thedude807@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 22:09:17 EDT

Every Dakota I have ever had has done this. I never bothered to do anything
about until this one (it's my first nice one). A healthy dose of chasis
lube in all the zerk fittings (including the front driveshaft) seemed to
really tone the noise down. I still get it faintly, and I do believe it's
the steering shaft, but I haven't had time to dissasemble it yet.

It IS annoying, but probably not a safety issue.

Brian

'92 SC 3.9L 4x4
'92 CC 5.2L 4x4
'99 CC 5.2L 4x4