RE: transport trailer

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 09:18:16 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of Michael
Maskalans
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 2:13 AM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML: transport trailer

the other thing I was going to ask was the ownership of the trailer
that Neil pulled Dakota on last year. or was that two years ago? in
any case, it was a trailer, and it doesn't look rented.....

Sorry to disappoint but my trailer is undergoing a rebuild and isn't going
to be available for some time. The wiring is apart while I work on a
different mounting for the marker lights. I've decided to add more
reinforcing under the deck and it is WAY overdue for inspection.

When I shopped for it three years ago, I looked at Furnwood in Holley,
Dailey on Jeff. Road, Latta Lea, and Nyle's on 31F outside of Fairport.
Furnwood had a very nice tandem axle with tilt bed that was a little more
than I wanted to spend. Doing it over, I would have spent the money on it.
As I recall, the price at that time was around $2,200.
Dailey had tandems but appeared to have lighter frame construction. Good for
light weight stock cars maybe, and the heavier ones there were too heavy.
Latta Lea had nothing that interested me.
The one I have came from Nyle's. It's made by Star in Pennsylvania. It
weighs about 1200 pounds, has electric brakes on all wheels, and supposedly
can be registered for 7000 pounds gross. Mine is registered for 6000 to save
a little on the annual fee and because I don't feel that I need the extra
1/2 ton "legal" capacity. The complaints are that all of the angle and
channel are sheared and have a slight burr on one edge that is pretty sharp,
also, there is a lot of weld splatter that was painted over.