Re: Ouch...this is gonna hurt (sales/quality)

From: VRMan (pbatson68@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 14:54:16 EDT

Holy crap! I sure hope this problem isn't with the 4.7's!! After the initial
3500mi break in, I put in amsoil 2000 0w-30 synthetic. Been changing that
every 5-7k since. So, I'd be screwed if it happened to me. All I got are the
reciepts that I bought the oil.

I've been putting about 100 mi a day on for just over a year now. Current
mileage is at 43k now.

Is there a way to check for sludge? Would it be in the oil filter if I had
it analyzed? Dealer would probably laugh in my face if I asked them to check
it, huh?

Phil Batson
'00 4x4 CC Dakota