Steiger adobe

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 22:33:06 EDT

On Monday, Jul 28, 2003, at 20:47 America/New_York, David Henry wrote:

> We made it back from our first DML BBQ yesturday. Deposited $8.50 of
> Steiger Mud tm at the local do it yourself car wash today. The Dak is
> now
> only somewhat dirty:)

you know, I got mine [mostly] cleaned up today, too. my favorite car
wash doesn't seem to have operative underbody spray, so after 3 passes
through I got underneath and started pulling mud out. after the fourth
pass didn't even re-wet what had dried while I was pulling stuff off
the bottom of the truck, I went in and got my $10.50 back (but kept the
3¢/ gallon I saved with the wash ;-) ), and spent $5 at the local
do-it-yourself and got the bottom halfway presentable.

the things that impressed me the most were the size of the hunks I was
pulling off in one piece, and how far water penetrated without pressure
(hardly at all).

you have impressive mud, Jon. And I don't think my truck will ever
again be completely free of it =)

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
Apple Campus Rep  -  ClassTech Consultant  -  Printer Tech