Re: Re: Tires

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 02:16:29 EDT

On Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003, at 19:51 America/New_York, John wrote:

> There is slight
> rub on the frame when it sits level and slightly more when flexed.
> Certainly
> not enough to limit the trucks abilities. The tires do not hit the
> fenders
> at all.

if they miss completely, another half inch in radius cannot hit too
badly, if at all.

of course there is the dimensional accuracy issue with those tires,
too.... to compare oranges to hyenas, one must know the dimensions of
the apricot! (don't even bother...)

Knowing what my tires are, I ought to be able to measure and see what
will clear well.

If they'll fit, I'm settled on the "34 x 10.5" (33.8 x 9.3) bias ply
Swamper LTBs on steel 17 x 7s.

of course this also means comparing the price of a hub swap to the
price of custom rims, unless someone can shock me with narrow 17s in 6
of 4.5. I'd think it should be possible to fill in the holes on a Ferd
Expedition's rims (17 x 7, 5 on 135mm) and redrill, but damned if I
know.

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
Apple Campus Rep  -  ClassTech Consultant  -  Printer Tech