RE: Scary Oil problems making me nervous

From: james.zito@ps.ge.com
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 09:08:00 EDT

A FRAM filter costs $4...times 8 would be a lot
less!

Craig,

I can't comment on the quality of the Mobil 1 filters but I do KNOW that
FRAM filters are complete garbage. They are constructed poorly and of
inferior materials. I also suspect that Dodge would probably tell you to
get bent if you tried to make a warranty claim for sludge after using them.

I used to have a link to a web site that compared a bunch of oil filters
but I have lost it. It was run by an independent guy who had been chopping
into filters for years and presented empirical data. As well as his
opinions.

And to paraphrase the old Fram ads "You can pay me (Fram) now but you might
pay them (engine shop) later!!!!

Jim
03 red cc dak and 69 442 conv in pieces