Re: RE: Timing Chain/Belt failure in 318 engine

From: Tom Slick North (prodog@swbell.net)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 23:10:46 EDT

I know from experience that the factory timing chains suck... With less
than 30k miles on a factory timing chain, it had a lot of slop...I mean a
"lot" of slop...

Go with a Cloyes or Edelbrock timing chain (there are a few other good ones,
too) if you are going to replace the factory one...

Later!
Tom "Slick" North
96 Dodge Dakota 5.2L RC