GTA was: Timing Chain/Belt failure in 318 engine

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Sun Aug 03 2003 - 01:30:10 EDT

>Boy, I'm feeling really dumb tonight. GTA? you're in texas, so it's
>not the greater toronto area, I'll assume you're not a car thief, and
>grand theft auto doesn't make sense in context anyway. I give.

Hehe, no, not quite. GTA is my '88 Pontiac Trans Am GTA Notchback. One of 218 cars
produced that year with the factory Notchback option instead of the standard fast back.
It's a garage queen and I'm the second owner. It only has 85K miles on it even though it's
15 years old. The car is 100% factory stock save for the drop in K&N air filter. I put
about 5K miles a year on it these days and most of that is when I'm busy doing something
to my Dak.

Here are a couple of crappy pictures.
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/gta/gta.html

>don't tell me there's more maintenance I've been skipping. stock
>rockers don't have adjusters, do they? screw it, I don't tick anyway.
>David Henry, on the other hand.....

No, they don't. But, my factory rockers wore out and were dumping rather large amounts of
iron into my oil so I replaced them with Mopar 1.7 rollers.

John
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html