Re: off road improvements

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sun Aug 03 2003 - 15:53:01 EDT

On Sunday, Aug 3, 2003, at 15:24 America/New_York, andy levy wrote:

> Michael Maskalans wrote:
>
>> skid plates:
>> I have no idea what the dodge plates looked like for my truck. I do
>> know they involved an extra cross-member somewhere.....
>
> [...] between the front axle and the trasfer case to support the rear
> end of the front plate.
>
> Best bet may be just to bite the bullet and buy the Mopar kit from a
> dealer. Just make sure you specify which model year it's for. I
> think those plates will do pretty well for you.

at under $200, that's probably what I'll do.

> Just make sure you get that torsion bar crossmember straightened out
> first, else you'll have a world of trouble bolting on the middle > plate.

yeah.... yeah I will. I really don't know how I can get that straight
again....

I think I'll try making some shims and forcing them in with a jack. or
maybe pushing on it with a pair of 4x6s against a square curb. I just
don't want to break the damn thing off in my efforts....

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
Apple Campus Rep  -  ClassTech Consultant  -  Printer Tech