RE: Re: RE: Trans fluid

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 20:08:02 EDT

It's your transmission.

- Bernd

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of Josh
Battles
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 9:07 AM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: DML: Re: RE: Trans fluid

""Bernd D. Ratsch"" <bernd@texas.net> wrote in message
news:001201c35973$8a135620$020aa8c0@system...

> Note from B&M on the Trick-Shift Fluid: "Meets or exceeds Mercon or
> Dexron III requirements."
>
> No where does it state ATF+3 or ATF+4 - I wouldn't use it...there is a

> difference on the fluids.
>
> - Bernd

I've run the B&M trick shift (non synthetic) for over 20K miles now
without incident. I've even heard of guys (i think maybe on here) that
were running type F in their transmissions without incident. I'm not
really convinced that there's all that much difference between the
dextron/mercron and ATF+ whatever. If there's really that much
difference between them, I'd like to know what it is. Do you have THAT
information because it would be more helpful than just telling us that
they're different.

On a side note:
My uncle owns a trans shop around here and they've been putting the
trick shift in both synthetic and non synthetic varieties in dodge
transmissions for ages without incident. I think it's a better product
than the "ATF+ whatever" anyway. I switched and my mileage as well as
performance went up. The trans shifts nice and tight and hasn't slipped
at all! I should be due for a service pretty soon, I'll keep the list
posted as to what I find when I drop the pan.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L