Engine goes bye-bye!!

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 01:21:01 EDT

Yesterday, after 163,000 miles, my engine decded it had enough of my crap.
And it couldnt have happened at a worse time. I went to help my brother
move (which lives 90 mins away) and as I pull into his driveway, the engine
starts sputtering and knocking really bad. I immediatly shut her down and
look under the hood, but see nothing obvious. I started her back up and she
ran fine for a few minutes. So I go into the building, thinking nothing of
it.

About an hour later we load the truck up and head out. About halfway there
she starts acting up agian, but my brother kept on driving. Then when we
got back to his place, it just went boom and one of the rods decided to peek
out the oil pan when I looked under the truck.

I spent all day today finding a tow truck to tow the truck back home, and
after $250, the truck is home.....but needs a new engine.

If I don't shoot myself in the process, i'll have the truck running soon!!

Gary Hedlin
President
Hedlin Web Designs
http://www.hedlin.net

Gary's Wisdom- #1

-No matter what you say, you will always offend some stupid people!