RE: Argh! Infinity Amp dead/dying

From: Travis Sawyer (tsawyer@watercove.com)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 10:06:25 EDT

Hmmmph, no bites.

More info:

I cleaned the 'fuzzed' IC, label is BA14741, a quad op-amp.
Readily available from many chip makers (KA3303 xref to
fairchild).

Anyway, after the cleaning of the corrosion and rust, the
RF is coming and going again and not going completely into
bypass mode.

I check the stealer, $260 to replace it. And get this,
the parts guys tells me the amp is built into the speakers
for my truck. To which I answer, "Well, I must've gotten a hell
of a deal then, cuz I have the amp in my hands, part number
56043050AB!"

Oh, yeah, uh, that is a good number, yeap, $260. Hmmph, wonder
why it isn't in the computer as an amp?

Anyhoo, I have a 'sample' part coming from fairchild semi to replace
the bad IC.

The bad evaporator/air conditioning, might have contributed to the fuzz
but I didn't find any other corrosion.

-travis

<SNIP>

> I have a '97 4x4 CC with the factory upgrade
> speakers/amp package
>
> About 1 week ago, my right front speakers
> started crackling, popping and fading out.
<SNIP>