Re: 318 pre-mag

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 14:28:46 EDT

Jon Slavic wrote:
> This guy at work has an '87 4x4 ram charger with a 318 pre-mag. Is there a
> stroker kit that will work? His engine needs a rebuild and he is looking
> for options. I've seen guys here talking about stroker kits but never
> really paid too much attention to the details.

http://www.strokerkits.com/chrysler_stroker_kits.htm

Strokerkits.com unfortunately doesn't have a 318 kit.

http://www.speedomotive.com/mopar_stroker_kits.htm

These guys have a 318 to 350ci kit, or a 318 to 390ci shortblock, but
not 318 to 390 crank kit.

http://www.hughesengines.com/www/hughesengines/crank_kits/390crankkit.asp

Hughes is the good stuff, with a 318 to 390ci kit. Is his engine carbed
or TBI? If it's TBI, I wouldn't doubt you'll have lots and lots of
trouble getting enough fuel into the bugger. If it's carbed, well, a
fairly high-volume 4-bbl is in order.