Re: For Sale...

From: David Henry (DML@HenryWeb.net)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 22:48:03 EDT

I'm sorta thinking about doing something with my 92+K 318. Why replace a
timing chain and fix a slight oil leak when you can just drop in a new
engine:)

What parts are included in your list for the conversion. I know I'd need
the 5.9 & I'd want the PCM, but how much other stuff would I need to bolt
the engine in? I've got the manual trans now, so that avoids some potential
shift problems (ie automatic tranny control), but I'm not sure what all else
I'd need. I don't really want to go too overboard on the power for now or
I'll be replacing my tranny and axels before I want to :(

Oh yeah. Is the engine a short block, long block, or a block complete with
all accessories, wires and other usefull do-dads? I'd like to try to use
most of the wires I've got with as many of the older sensors that I can and
just swap in the new PCM. I'm guessing that I'd need the new fuel rails and
manifold / tb from the 5.9 to make it work well.

I know a few have done the swap. Anyone have the links detailing the
conversion handy? I didn't notice them off the upgrades DML page.