front end rebuild

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (gcouriel@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Aug 08 2003 - 16:52:35 EDT

just got my truck back from a rebuild of the entire front suspension. i
knew the bushings were bad, and i threw a set of shocks in there, but i was
surprised at the number of things that went bad. i had to replace the
remaining 3 ball joints (i had one go at the beginning of the summer), not
to mention the brakes (plus 2 rotors and a caliper). add to that the cost
of both sway bar end-links (they were bad too), and it brought the total
cost, including parts and labor to $761.

i know it sounds expensive, but let me itemize here...

1 lower ball joints
2 upper ball joints
sway bar bushings
control arm bushings
pads
2 rotors
1 caliper

installations was about 6 hours, it was the parts that added up.

with everything added up, so far this summer, i have spent $2124 repairing
and improving my truck. next up, heater hose replacement, install my pulley
and V8 TB... the fun's not done yet!!!

Gabe Couriel