Re: 2004 Dakota update!!!

From: Droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Aug 09 2003 - 09:44:47 EDT

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 21:34:15 -0700, Kyle Vanditmars <kylevan@telus.net>
wrote:

> I don't know... Looking at the Colorado specs on the Chevy website, it
> won't be a Dak-killer, but they get more horsepower than our V6 with a
> FIVE cylinder. I'm not sure how the torque will compare, but I'm sure
> the average numbskull doesn't know the difference. Their engine looks
> pretty high tech. DOHC, with variable exhaust valve timing. I don't
> know why they didn't put the 270HP I-6 they have in the trailblazer into
> the Colorado, that would be a real nail in the coffin for Dodge. Oh
> well, I'm not really looking to buy a new truck, anyway. Any Dak I'm
> gonna get will be a GenII (lighter, OBD-I doesn't screw you as much). And
> if I was going to buy a new truck, it'd be a 1500 QC HEMI Ram 2wd.
> Mmmmmm, HEMI...

Chevy definately has the truck market in general locked down. And their
engines are better performers than Dodge's. That damn I6 does better than
my 4.7.

--
-Droo
 Email: 03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net

http://www.granroyal.org/dakota

2003 Dakota Club Cab 4x4, V8 4.7L, Manual Transmission Rhino Liner Alpine CDA-9807 CD/MP3/WMA Player Apline SPS-!70A 6 1/2" Speakers Alpine XM Tuner / MTX Thunder 311D Amplifier Sony P5 8" Subwoofer / Q-custom Enclosure / Business Consoile