RE: Infinity Amp dead/dying

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 11:27:15 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of Travis Sawyer
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 9:28 AM
To: 'dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net'
Subject: DML: Infinity Amp dead/dying

I don't have an FSM, and it may not even have the info I'm looking for...

Another OBTW;
The amp has two violet, 18 gauge wires from fuse 4, for power and two
black/light green, 16 gauge wires to ground.
This should allow double the ampacity without using heavier, stiffer wire.
My electrician's handbook doesn't give the ampacity of anything smaller than
14 gauge so I can't quote what the total current handling capacity might be
but, if one of the power or ground wires is broken, the amp won't develop
full power.
This may or may not make any difference if only one channel is misbehaving.