Re: W32.Blaster.Worm

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 18:00:53 EDT

Droo wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:44:49 -0500, VRMan <pbatson68@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Yeah. It isn't an attachment. If you got it, that means it sent itself to
> > your computer thru the flaw in Micro$oft windows XP or 2000. Once it's
> > in,
> > it downloads a program to your computer and then starts scanning for
> > another
> > computer to infect.
> >
> > Luckily, it isn't destructive. Supposedly it will start a Denial of
> > Service
> > attack on Microsoft on a certain date.
> >
> > If you have a firewall up, no problem. If you keep your XP/2K updated, no
> > problem ( i check for updates weekly here at work). If not, update your
> > virus program (i do ours here daily) and it'll find it.
> >
> > BTW, I got it on my home computer last night also. (I have a firewall on
> > my
> > laptop, so no problem there.) Looks like I need to practice at home what
> > do at work!! DOH! :)
> >

> Everytime I go to windows update, it says there are none avail. Been like
> that for a long time. I run win2k server. So Norton doesn't run on it. I do
> have a firewall, but is there any other way I can tell if I'm infected?

remover tool
http://www3.ca.com/virusinfo/virus.aspx?ID=36265

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced ;)