Re: Lights out!

From: UncleDuke (tmfu@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Aug 16 2003 - 00:43:32 EDT

> --- "Mallett, Donald B" <Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Wish the best of luck to all in the North East! Hope
>>you get power soon.
>>
>>Don
>

> Mine came back on around 8:15.
>
> Ed

Never lost power at home (Central Jersey), BUT I was locking the door to
my office when the power dropped. Now bear in mind that I work at 1 Penn
Plaza(right across the street from Madison Square Garden/Penn Station).
Major suckage. Didn't get home until 3am Friday morning, had to wake up
at 6am go back to the city and walked to several sites to bring up
servers and such, and I just got home. NYC Friday morning was a ghost
town. A couple of cars here and there, lots of cops and Guardsmen, some
people sleeping wherever. Much quieter than a Sunday!

Greg