Re: Rotors

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 12:16:28 EDT

Hey, jrennan(?)!

<snip> Has anyone experienced pitting in their front brake rotors? My
vehicle never
ever sits but I found them to be pitted when I was rotating tires this
morning.
 I only have 22,000 miles on the truck.<snip>

These your original rotors? You've got pits & no pulsing in the brake pedal?
You're luckier than most of us.
I had 2 sets of OEM rotors sh*t the bed by 22K...Been with Powerslots since.
The pitting is a normal occurance in Cast Iron, especially the crap CI that
DC uses dor the DAK/DANGO rotors...Actually with the pitting, you might get
better stopping power when they're wet!
Kinda like letting Ma Nature do the cross-drilling...
I wouldn't worry if you can't feel anything in the "stop" pedal.

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY CC Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed

WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/