Re: Re: Clean oil changes?

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 13:19:43 EDT

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:54:52 -0400, DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us ("BARRY
OLIVER") wrote:

>where's the oil filter on a 4.7?? I wish I could get this type of trick
>to work on my 318...

The filter sits at the front of the block, angled back at about 20-30
degrees. On mine, there's a plastic "guard" piece with a little round
"door" that you open to access the filter. It's a pretty crappy
design. I've had the oil changed at 3 places, 2 of which are Dodge
dealers. Only 1 place (a dealer) has managed to do it right.

The oil drain also sits almost directly above the skid plate, so a
small amount of oil tends to end up there if you're not careful, too.

Anyway, my next oil change will be done here in the garage and a
2-liter soda bottle and Fumoto valve will be standing by :)

When I do that, where should I be looking for grease fittings? I know
a lot of stuff is sealed, so I'd like to have at least an idea of what
I'm looking for so I know if I've missed something. This is an '00 CC
4x4 4.7L.

-Bill