Re: RE: '01 4x4 Quad Cab (Gas Mileage, Towing)

From: Michael Quigley (michael9@michael9.com)
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 16:34:02 EDT

Rick Barnes said:
> Welcome Michael...

Thanks!

> I am hoping to put my name on the driver's door in those little reflective
> letters that stick-on...

Yeah, yeah! You mean those little mailbox letters!?

> Just KIDDING!

:)

> We have ALL kinds here, yours sounds like a nice Dak. Welcome!

Is anyone getting better than around 12 MPG from their 4.7L V-8?

I get between 11-12 MPG no matter how I drive. Sometimes I'll get around 14
MPG if I'm doing a lot of highway driving.

I use my Dakota for pulling a sailboat trailer (around 4,000#) on a fairly
regular basis. Anyone have any advice or general commentary on using the
Dakota as a tow-vehicle?

Michael

p.s. I'm in North Carolina, BTW.