Re: OT (Somewhat): More about the virus

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 12:12:54 EDT

Bob Tom wrote:

> There's another worm going around as well since July. It's a variation
> of the Blaster worm. AFAIK, it attacks networks, not spread by
> attachments and Win2000 and XP seem to be the vulnerable OS.

Out of curiosity, do you think that an e-mail with the body I quoted is
a likely suspect of being the Blaster worm trying to lure me in? Go to
a website, and it installs itself as activeX or something and then
initiates the RPC calls? Or is it just more effin' spam? DO NOT FOLLOW
THE LINKS, I'VE MANGLED THEM (*****) FOR A REASON.

[begin quote]
You have a secret admirer
Find out who below
http://www.*****************geocities.com/ganapath92294/webcam.html

If you want further information from me directly,
we can have a private meeting
http://www.geocities.com/bur****************ton94238/webcam.html
[end quote]