Re: Towing and Gas Mileage

From: VRMan (pbatson68@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 10:21:46 EDT

I think you can order that plastic piece. If not, I'm sure you could order a
new grill. It's all plastic and if my memory serves, it's held on with a
couple of screws. Putting the new grilles in wasn't bad at all. You use
clips to hold the grilles in. It's pretty straight forward. The hardest part
was getting the lower ones in the bumper. I jammed my hand in up behind the
bumper to try to get those stupid clips on. Major pain in the butt. I
suppose I could have taken something off to make it easier. Eh! Wheres the
fun if you can't curse up a storm while scraping the skin off your hands!
lol

That viper fan is a monster and would provide a lot of extra cooling at the
flip of a switch. I do a lot of highway travel and a lot of times its a
parking lot. Being in stopped traffic surrounded by cars in 80+ degree
weather = temp going to 210+. Even tho the thermostat is a 180 degree, the
temp still shoots up. I'm not sure where the signal comes from to turn the
fan on. Either the computer or some temperature switch somewhere. But it
would be nice to have a manual switch in the cab too.

I'm sure that viper fan comes in a lot more handy for those that are running
n2o. :)

--
Phil Batson
'00 4x4 CC 4.7L