Re: Engine Light?

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 11:47:55 EDT

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:53:39 -0400, michael9@michael9.com ("Michael
Quigley") wrote:

>All...
>
>I need your advice... When I was driving to work this morning the engine light
>on the dash came on. Nothing noticable happened and everything seems to be
>running fine.
>
>I'm supposed to be taking a trip, towing my boat to the coast this weekend.
>Should I worry about this engine light? Some minor code?

See what the code is. Full details are here,
http://faq.dakota-truck.net/Electronics/getcodes.html

Once you find out the code, post it here on the list and someone with
an FSM can look it up for you. You could also call your dealer and
they'll probably tell you what the code is.

It might be something silly, like a loose gas cap.

-Bill