Re: GAS PRICES going UP

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 13:59:59 EDT

Oh, look... the "gas price" thread. Has it been three months already? :-)

It's difficult to tell with the blackout what's really been going on in
Toronto. Last week prices were sitting around 0.67 / L (that's about US
$1.83 / gal). Note that I'm usually happy about paying this price for
regular gas.

When the blackout hit, there were a handful of stations around that
managed to get power to their pumps, I heard that most of them were
gouging over 1.00 / L (US $2.74 / gal).

Then after power came back on, the oil companies were complaining that
their refineries had been shut down, so supplies were low, and some were
still charging about 0.80 / L (US $2.19 / gal). Others were still at
about 0.69, so that's what I filled up at on Sunday. There were other
stations that had completely run dry for a while, so there must have been
some truth to the supply problems.

On Monday, the prices everywhere shot up to a fairly uniform 0.79 / L.
They've come down a couple of cents, but not much. In US terms, it's
still over two bucks a gallon. Glad I filled up at 0.69 before the price
shot up. They're still crying about supply problems after the blackout,
naturally.

--
Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario

Didn't you read the disclaimer? http://www.they.com/disclaimer